Follow the ride. Join the fight!

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Ginger's View of the Ride Against Hunger


Cindy wrote a blog about her view of the ride the other day. Now she's crafted one for our Golden Retriever, Ginger. I think she
captured it pretty close. Enjoy:

Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Watford to Kill Deer, North Dakota
64 miles

Ginger says...

Life is pretty confusing for me right now. I’m living in this big white box that roars, wobbles and rattles when it moves and scares me to death. My humans are with me, but Rich, the tall one, gets up early and disappears on a bicycle every morning. My Cindy drives after him and catches him about noon. Then we eat. (I like this part because they always give me their apple cores.) When the food is gone, so is the tall guy. I try to keep my Cindy from getting back in the truck, but she always wins.

I have two other humans to take care of. They do the same crazy things. They pet me sometimes and don’t yell when I sit on the soft chairs in the front of the box. They also share their apples with me, so I keep them.

At night we pull into big grassy fields with lots of other white boxes and sleep. I’ve been sampling the grass at each stop. So far the Montana grass is the best. Every day new people give me a pat and tell me I’m a great dog. I hope my humans are getting the message.

I don’t know where we’re going or why, but I’m kinda liking this life. My Rich talks a lot about how some people are hungry and what other humans can do to help. Maybe he’s looking for a solution when he rides off every morning. Hope he finds it.

2 comments:

  1. Ginger,
    It is so good to hear from you. WE REALLY MISS YOU. Those big people are really great, but you are special. We hope you are feeling better about the RV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) , as they say in internet talk.

    I like hearing what Ginger thinks...doubtful and indulgent as long as the apple cores keep comin'!

    ReplyDelete